"Reused Passwords" Category Showing Un-reused Passwords?

Options
HFTobeason
HFTobeason
Community Member
edited February 2019 in Mac

The "Reused Passwords" category is showing many items that are NOT re-used passwords. For those items, the "1 other item" dropdown doesn't drop down - there's nothing there.

[personal information removed; this is a public forum]

1Password Version: 7.2.6.BETA-0 (70206000)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.3 (18D109)
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:reused

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@HFTobeason - I'm sorry for the trouble. Let me make sure I'm understanding what you're saying: in the above example, you cannot click the "1 other item" button -- or clicking it results in nothing? The button itself doesn't work?

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

Thank you for your reply.

First, a number of items are listed in "Reused Passwords" that have only ONE item under that particular password. In the screenshot above, as an example, the password starting with "2>Vr" has only ONE item listed under it. Doesn't that seem to indicate that, in fact, that particular password is NOT reused?

Second, when I click on the "1 other item" dropdown in the above example, nothing happens. At all.

[EDIT] Note that this behavior was occurring on only ONE of my machines (the one running the beta), and that that machine is currently in the "shop" for repairs, so I won't be able to troubleshoot for about a week...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@HFTobeason - sometimes, if an item is part of a vault that you've specifically excluded from the All Vaults view, this can be the case. You will have a re-used password...but the other items was (perhaps inadvertently, as part of a data migration) copied from (or to) another vault that's not showing in All Vaults. Since you're experiencing this only one one of your Macs and we don't have access to that one right now, would you mind waiting until you do? It's going to be pretty fruitless to troubleshoot this if we can't get our hands on the Mac in question. Let me know when it's back from the shop. :)

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member
    Options

Roger wilco.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member
    Options

Well... As anyone would have guessed, now that I've gotten my machine back from the shop - wiped to bare metal - and have spent a week fully restoring it, the above issue has resolved all by itself. So... Never mind. Sorry.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@HFTobeason - Thanks for the update. That's excellent news! I’d like to be able to say I’m glad I could help you get things squared away, but if the problem righted itself, I can’t hardly claim any credit for it. :-) However, around here, we’ve learned to call a win a win whether we had a hand in it or not.

Keep an eye on things and please let us know if the problem recurs or if there's anything further we can do to assist you. Otherwise, have a great weekend, and thanks for being a 1Password customer!

This discussion has been closed.