Third "Company" Login field

How can get 1password to remember and fill in a third login ID field? In addition to the usual "User ID" and "password" fields, a web site login page is asking me for "Company" as well, as a required field. I can log into it manually, but I'd like 1password to log me in automatically as it does to the normal "2-field" sites I visit.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, colmenareno! We always recommend creating Login items from within the browser in order that 1Password may properly "learn" all the fields on the page. There is even a warning the first time you try to create a Login in the main application which makes this clear.

20120229-d7td7f7nxpic9mxih3qh9iae7c.png

If you are already saving the Login in the browser, be sure to enter all the information in the form before saving the Login.

What browser version are you using? And what is the URL?
  • colmenareno
    colmenareno
    Community Member
    Thanks Khad for your reply.

I'm using Chrome 17.0.963.56 m

I've been using 1Password for several years and I always try to [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]create login items from within the browser as you suggest. Usually 1P understands where to find the data, but occasionally the user has to set up or edit the login manually when 1P fails to pick it up right. [/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]You asked what's the URL. It's Dovico, [/font]https://www.dovico.c...in/Default.aspx

The login screen asks for three items, all obligatory: Company, User ID, Password

I solved this by clearing out Chrome's form-filling data and cookies, deleting the bug 1P entry for Dovico and starting again. The second time 1P's browser addin did indeed pick up all three fields and now it fills them all in correctly each time I log in.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Great! I'm glad things are working well. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!
  • laptopleon
    laptopleon
    Community Member

Hi, I hope you don't mind that I eleborate on this? I have the exact same problem.

I'm using Safari 6.0.5 / OS X 10.7.5 / 1Password plugin 3.9.17 and I try to create a login for a 3 field obligatory login HTML page, via the 1P plugin. Read the above. Tried the same in Chrome v 27.0.1453.116, because Chrome didn't know this site yet and is hardly ever used. 1Password recognizes all three fields and stores them, although the Username and Password are stored on top (of the 1Password entry page) while All Fields part contains also the customerNumber.

When I try to log in with this saved keychain, the User field is filled with the same content as the customerNumber.

I'd think that, if 1Password recognizes the fields correctly, filling them in again later correctly should also be possible?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

What's the URL?

This discussion has been closed.