New iPhone Xs Not Working With iPhoneXs

Doug in AlaskaDoug in Alaska Junior Member

I have been a 1Password user since about the time you guys got started. Hopefully, you can help me out with this and I haven't been on the forum for a while because I don't usually have problems. I have stand alone licenses for my iMac, MacBook, iPad and a work iPhone. My wife also uses 1Password. Everything has synced up just fine using Dropbox until now. I'm going to retire so I bought a new iPhone Xs and after doing a sync using iTunes, I noticed 1Password was installed on the new iPhone. Not sure if I need to buy an additional license for it or not. However, the logins are populated on the new iPhone but show 204 logins. The login number in 1Password on my iMac shows as 234 and the login passwords on the new iPhone are old and have been changed many times since then. I believe the version on the new iPhone shows 7.2.7. I think this may be an app store version but maybe I'm wrong, can't remember as I've purchased many upgrades over the years. So what do I need to make 1Password functional on my new iPhone? I don't mind buying another license if that is what I need to do, just want 1Password to function and sync on everything again. Do I need to delete 1Password from this phone and download another version? Will I then be able to get everything to sync again? Thanks for your help, you guys have been great! I rely on 1Password full time and really need to get the new iPhone up and running.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Doug in AlaskaDoug in Alaska Junior Member

I'm also getting a com.1password.dropbox.sdk error15 on the iPhone.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @Doug in Alaska

I have been a 1Password user since about the time you guys got started.

Welcome back. I remember the name. :)

Hopefully, you can help me out with this and I haven't been on the forum for a while because I don't usually have problems.

I suppose that's a good thing! ;)

I have stand alone licenses for my iMac, MacBook, iPad and a work iPhone. My wife also uses 1Password. Everything has synced up just fine using Dropbox until now. I'm going to retire so I bought a new iPhone Xs and after doing a sync using iTunes, I noticed 1Password was installed on the new iPhone. Not sure if I need to buy an additional license for it or not. However, the logins are populated on the new iPhone but show 204 logins. The login number in 1Password on my iMac shows as 234 and the login passwords on the new iPhone are old and have been changed many times since then. I believe the version on the new iPhone shows 7.2.7. I think this may be an app store version but maybe I'm wrong, can't remember as I've purchased many upgrades over the years. So what do I need to make 1Password functional on my new iPhone? I don't mind buying another license if that is what I need to do, just want 1Password to function and sync on everything again. Do I need to delete 1Password from this phone and download another version? Will I then be able to get everything to sync again?

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. I'd be happy to help. A fair bit has evolved since we last conversed. 1Password membership is largely the way in which people are using 1Password now, not licenses. We do still make licenses available for those that want them, but we don't advertise them. Membership allows you to use the latest versions of 1Password on all of your compatible devices and there are no additional steps for setting up syncing. To replace or add a device you'd just download 1Password and sign in to your account. You can read more about the benefits of membership here:

About 1Password membership

That would be the direction I'd recommend heading in. It is definitely going to offer the best experience for using 1Password, and is the way forward. Considering your history with us I'd encourage you to reach out to our sales team ([email protected]) with copies of any receipts you have for 1Password purchases to see how they can help you out. To be sure the message reaches the appropriate folks please post the support ID you get back from BitBot when you email in here.

Thanks for your help, you guys have been great! I rely on 1Password full time and really need to get the new iPhone up and running.

Thanks for the kind words!

Ben

Thanks much for the reply Ben. Do you have a link that will explain how to migrate from stand alone licenses? Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the 1Password membership option. Also, the version I have on my new phone may be an old version because the app I had on my work cell phone was bought through a different app store account, don't know for sure. If I go with a membership, do I download new software on all devices. I'll do some more research on my end also because I'm not familiar with the options. If I purchase a family membership will this allow my wife to use it also and continue with her own vault? We don't have any interest in sharing vaults. Sorry for questions that have probably been answered, I'll try to dig up some threads on this forum.
    Thanks again.

Disregard please, I was able to get 1Password on the new iPhone to sync. All is well, thanks.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Glad to hear it worked out. To answer some questions though, perhaps for the benefit of others reading:

Do you have a link that will explain how to migrate from stand alone licenses?

Yes:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Also, the version I have on my new phone may be an old version because the app I had on my work cell phone was bought through a different app store account, don't know for sure.

We'd always recommend keeping up to date with the latest versions of all of your software, but especially 1Password, your operating system, and your web browser. 1Password for iOS can be downloaded here:

1Password on the iTunes App Store

If I go with a membership, do I download new software on all devices.

Membership utilizes the same apps as standalone. If you didn't already have the latest versions installed you'd want to do that, but otherwise there isn't a separate download.

If I purchase a family membership will this allow my wife to use it also and continue with her own vault? We don't have any interest in sharing vaults.

It would, yes. There is a "Shared" vault built-in with 1Password Families, but you don't have to store any items there.

Sorry for questions that have probably been answered, I'll try to dig up some threads on this forum.

No worries.

Ben

Thanks much for this very useful info Ben. It will help if I decide to eventually go with a membership.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

No problem at all. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file