Can I sort by category in the extensions?

gorham
gorham
Community Member
edited February 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Is there anyway to sort by Tag? I'd like to click on a Tag category from the main window and see all the entries I've put there. But especially I'd like to sort by Tag and view those items in the extensions. I often use 1PW to access a site from scratch and scrolling through all the entries is tedious. I'm not explaining this well. Please ask questions.

-G.

PS. I have the extensions set to update automatically but I can't see where the current version is. Sigh. Could do with ... :( Never mind.

1Password Version: 7.3.661
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7 64-bit
Sync Type: none

Comments

• Hi @gorham,

Thanks for writing in.

Not yet, this is something we plan to include in a future update. I know this is something you miss from 1Password 4. Right now, if you know what tag you want, you can search the list by typing tag:<name>.

• gorham
    gorham
    Community Member

Ah. Good to know on both counts. Thanks.

What's your little tiger (?) icon?

-G.

• MikeT
    edited February 2019

Hi @gorham,

I don't understand the question regarding the tiger? Is it in my text? It could be your browser incorrectly encoding the snippet as emoji. I wrote tag:name.

• gorham
    gorham
    Community Member

Screenshot:

Well it looked tigerish from here.

I tried the tag: but it wouldn't work. Not sure I did it right or in the right place. I probably wouldn't use it anyway. The typing takes as much time and effort as the scroll. Good to know the tag sort is in the hopper for whenever.

-G.

• Hi @gorham,

Weird, I can't see that anywhere in any browsers. Do you see that in any pages with my avatar or just this page?

• gorham
    gorham
    Community Member

It was actually in the topic "How to upgrade to 1Password 7 from 1Password 4" and was in response to my blush icon.

To wit:

Now that you know which topic you should see it. I could in Firefox, Chrome, SeaMonkey and IE.

Sorry to confuse!

G.

• Oh in that case, I was just saying thumbs up and smile in that thread.

You may notice that we reply in every thread here, as long as one of us replies, the other one will move to the next thread. So, sometime you may see us with just an emoji acknowledging your reply.

This discussion has been closed.