I have the app from the appstore and am confused by the instructions to switch to app from agilebits

JillHansen
JillHansen
Community Member

Instructions said to "Open 1Password" (from the app or through the browser? I tried both.) and press Control and Option while opening the menu (what menu?) and instructions would popup allowing me to disconnect from the app. I never saw anything since I don't know what menu you are talking about.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have the app from the appstore and am confused by the instructions to switch to app from agilebits

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @JillHansen! I'm sorry for the confusion. Can you tell me which instructions you're referring to? You didn't give a link. Based on your search terms, it sounds as if you're trying to switch to our version of 1Password. Can you tell us what version you have from the Mac App Store, and what version of macOS you're running? Thanks. :)

• JillHansen
    JillHansen
    Community Member

I have Mohave 10.14.3, and 1Password 7 and 1Password 5. I'm not sure how I left things on this computer; 1Password is currently working only off the app in the dock menu. The 1Password extension at the top of the screen does not work. I also ended up with 2 vaults (personal and primary) and only need one, I'm afraid to try and delete one because I worry about my passwords all disappearing. I'm running the app on my iphone and ipad as well as the Mac and want them all to match up.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@JillHansen - you shouldn't have more than one version of 1Password on your Mac at any one time, as it can cause unpredictable behavior and collisions. I think at this point, to get a better idea of what's where on your specific system, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#PXM-81886-873]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @JillHansen only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: PXM-81886-873

• JillHansen
    JillHansen
    Community Member

Thanks for your help - I ended up connecting with Stephanie via email and she got me straightened out.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@JillHansen - excellent! Stefanie's great, glad she helped get you pointed in the right direction. Can I ask a favor? If you have issues you need to speak with one of us about in the future, choose one of our communication channels (whichever seems best to you) and ask your question there. We answer user requests in the order we receive them, and sometimes - like now, when we're experiencing a surge of support requests - that means we're not at our usual speedy reply times. But asking the same question in multiple channels tends to create confusion if we have to coordinate multiple replies to the same question among multiple team members, and it winds up slowing the support experience for everyone, including you. Thanks. :)

This discussion has been closed.