Where is "item list layout" in 1Password 7?

Options
Password1TheSalt
Password1TheSalt
Community Member

Hi AgileBits
I used to love the "item list layout" feature in previous versions of 1Password. I particularly liked the "password strength" feature. I can't for the life of me find it in 1Password7. Am I missing something or was this feature disabled? And if it was, can it be reinstated in future versions? I attach a screenshot showing you that layout.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Sorry, this layout is not present in 1Password 7. Is there some use of it that you find hard to do with the standard layout? Is there something we can do to improve there?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@harczuk - I don't think anyone here believes you're "using it wrong," we just sometimes make changes to add new features and sunset others. It's nothing personal, and if that particular feature is make-or-break for you, then we'll be sorry to see you go and here if/when you want to come back. We'll also certainly listen to suggestions for reinstating a feature (just as we do for adding new features), but I want to make sure that just because you've requested something doesn't mean that it will definitely happen. We have limited developer hours and other resources, so saying "yes" to anything in particular means saying "no" to several other things. We have to consider each request on several levels: how many people want this? How many would it affect? Are there security considerations? Does it complicate the UI/UX of 1Password or simplify it? These are just a few of the questions we ask before proceeding with anything in particular. I'll certainly mention your wishes to the development team (in fact: you already did; chadseld is one of our Mac developers), but I obviously can't promise anything. Thanks for taking the time to share your wishes for the direction of 1Password with us, however -- we don't take it lightly. :)

• AfriCola
    AfriCola
    Community Member
    Options

I don't understand why the item list layout was extended. I have no desire to update to 1Password 7. I just installed 1Password 7 for testing and I don't like the fact that I can't change the view. At first I thought you had hidden this function, but unfortunately not.

André

• Ben
    Options

@AfriCola

I don't understand why the item list layout was extended.

There are two primary reasons:

1. Very few people were using it relative to the total number of 1Password users
    2. It meant any time we wanted to make changes to the UI we had to do so twice: once for the default view and once for the list view. This extended development times and slowed down releases.

We really just couldn't justify keeping it around based on those factors.

Ben

• AfriCola
    AfriCola
    Community Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

As a software developer I can understand it, but I don't see it as dramatic as you do. Up to and including version 6 there seems to have been no problem.

You want to enforce your online service by force and invest more time for it!

It's always the little things that are missing that annoy. It bothers me a lot.

André

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback @AfriCola. I'm not aware of any plans to have list view return but hopefully we can do other things to keep 1Password on top.

Ben

• AfriCola
    AfriCola
    Community Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

@Ben I always have the feeling that everything with you is always great and wonderful. Kind of in love with herself!

Today I wanted to update to version 7 (standalone license). I'm still working with version 6.

• Ben
    Options

Please let us know if there is anything we can help with. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.