Just upgraded to 1Password 7 for windows. How do i get wlan synch to now work on my ios device?

Oz_4321
Oz_4321
Community Member

Worked fine on 1password v4.

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: win 10
Sync Type: wlan
Referrer: forum-search:synch

Comments

• Hi @Oz_4321

I'm sorry I don't have the answer you were hoping for, but 1Password 7 for Windows does not have WLAN sync. 1Password 7 for Windows can sync with iOS via either Dropbox or 1Password membership (recommended):

Sync your 1Password data

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Oz_4321
    Oz_4321
    Community Member

That’s a real security concern and a significant de-feature. I am now a very unhappy customer especially after paying the
    upgrade $ to 1P 7. How do i get my money refunded?

• @Oz_4321

That’s a real security concern

I would respectfully disagree.

About the 1Password security model

How do i get my money refunded?

Please write to our billing team at sales@1password.com with a copy of your receipt / license. When you email in you'll get a support ID from BitBot. Please post that ID here.

Ben

• Oz_4321
    Oz_4321
    Community Member

the de-feature of secure wlan synch and forcing to a 1password membership to be able to synch to multiple devices is clearly a well thought out plan to boost your recurring revenue model. for me it presents a security risk that drives me away as a customer.

• Oz_4321
    Oz_4321
    Community Member

are you telling me that there is no plan to add wlan synch back into 1Password 7??

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2019

for me it presents a security risk that drives me away as a customer.

The 1Password security model does not rely on the sync service you choose. 1Password protects your data with end-to-end encryption, regardless of how you sync.

About the 1Password security model

the de-feature of secure wlan synch and forcing to a 1password membership to be able to synch to multiple devices is clearly a well thought out plan to boost your recurring revenue model.

The introduction of 1Password membership was primarily based on three things:

1. The need for a better way to securely share data
    2. The reliability and difficulty of setting up and troubleshooting the existing options
    3. The desire to simplify licensing. Licensing is complicated both for customers and us. It is difficult to explain, and creates a barrier to entry that no longer exists with membership.
    • Licenses: "1Password licenses are sold on a per-person, per-platform, per-version basis. This means that a 1Password 7 for Mac license allows one person to use 1Password v7 on any number of Macs for their use. Any other people using 1Password on those devices would need to purchase their own licenses. 1Password usage on Windows would require a separate 1Password 7 for Windows license. In-version updates (e.g. v7 -> v7.1) are included, but major upgrades (e.g. v7 -> v8) may require a separate purchase. You'll need to set up and maintain your own off-site backups and syncing. If you want to share data everyone you want to share with will need to be using the same iCloud or Dropbox account and you'll need to sync your data with one of those services."
    • Membership: "1Password membership includes everything you need in order to use the latest versions 1Password on all of your compatible devices. Your data will be backed up off-site and synced automatically by signing into your account. Secure sharing (if desired) is built in to the service."

are you telling me that there is no plan to add wlan synch back into 1Password 7??

Correct. 1Password 7 for Mac and 1Password 7 for iOS have WLAN sync available, but 1Password 7 for Windows does not and there are no plans to change that.

Ben

• Oz_4321
    Oz_4321
    Community Member

I have 1Password 7 for iOS (7.2.7) and 1Password 7 for Windows (7.3.657).
    How am I supposed to use them together and keep them synched?

• 1Password 7 for iOS and 1Password 7 for Windows can sync with each other via either 1Password membership or Dropbox:

Sync your 1Password data

Ben

• gwz63
    gwz63
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

How do you sync iOS and Windows with a standalone license in 1Password 7?
    Sorry, wrong forum. Not sure how to move.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• gwz63
    gwz63
    Community Member

I agree also, I don't want to use a cloud based sync option with iOS & PC.
    You have lost me as a customer.

• I'm sorry to hear that @gwz63. I completely understand folks being reluctant to store sensitive data "in the cloud." That said, our system works differently than most cloud systems. With 1Password your data is encrypted using keys only you have (we don't have them). In addition to being protected with your Master Password data stored on 1Password.com is also protected with the Secret Key:

About your Secret Key | 1Password

The main purpose of the Secret Key is to protect you even on the off chance that all data we do store is stolen. If you have any questions about how any of this works, or if you ever change your mind we'll be happy to help.

Ben

• @gwz63

I merged your other post into this thread as well, to avoid duplicating efforts.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.