To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Individual plan and problems encountered with dual auth

Options
whatever1
whatever1
Community Member

I recently migrated to 1 password from lastpass because of your features. I setup one of my logins for team viewer with dual factor and set 1password to handle dual auth. I initially tested on my home windows 10 pc and it seemed to be working. I then tried to access the site from my work pc (windows 7) and it said 2 factor was missing from that site.... I figured it was late when I tried from home, so I'll just reset the site from my work pc since I use that more. Well, my work finally got around to upgrading to windows 10 there. I figured all my stuff was synchronized between pcs (Lastpass got that right). Well no, the passwords "seem" to be syncronized, but not the dual auth....what is going on, how can password sync, but not the 2 factor. I could sort of understand if it was mac and windows (not really in 2019), but windows to windows.... what is going on...

Another thing I noticed, does the chrome 1 password app able to use the dual factor option or just the windows client.... what about when I want to open that app/site on my iphone, will 2factor option work there or do I need to open my pc just to get 2 factor..... seriously wishing I didnt remove my sites from google authenticator.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• whatever1
    whatever1
    Community Member
    Options

Since I am paying for 1password, where can I go for support?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @whatever1

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with getting TOTP codes to sync across your devices.

Since I am paying for 1password, where can I go for support?

You're in the right spot. :)

Another thing I noticed, does the chrome 1 password app able to use the dual factor option or just the windows client.... what about when I want to open that app/site on my iphone, will 2factor option work there or do I need to open my pc just to get 2 factor..... seriously wishing I didnt remove my sites from google authenticator.

All of our 1Password clients and extensions support TOTP.

but windows to windows.... what is going on...

Good question. Let's find out. If you sign in at https://my.1password.com/ in a web browser and pull up the item in question do you see the TOTP code there?

Ben

• whatever1
    whatever1
    Community Member
    Options

Ben, thanks for your reply. When I sign into https://my.1password.com/ I dont see it listed there. Is it possible to see password edit/revision history like you can with secure notes? These were setup in working on my old system that has since been wiped. Honestly this has happened twice, the first time figured it was a fluke. I'm not an end user either, so its not 1d10t error.

• whatever1
    whatever1
    Community Member
    Options

All passwords and secure notes I created have been synced, it just seems like the TOTP data never made it. I am looking at secure notes and passwords I created today on my work pc on my home pc.

• Ben
    Options

I am looking at secure notes and passwords I created today on my work pc on my home pc.

Do you also see them on https://my.1password.com ? I'm wondering if you perhaps still have a standalone vault lingering which would not be synced via 1Password.com (but might be synced otherwise).

I dont see it listed there. Is it possible to see password edit/revision history like you can with secure notes?

Yes: on my.1password.com view the item and then click "view item history."

Ben

• whatever1
    whatever1
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben,

I only see "view item history" when I view secure notes. I just edited a password and now I do see "view item history" after making a change. For testing, I just set TOTP for my amazon account via my.1password.com, after a few minutes I didn't see it when I looked back (perhaps I didn't hit save after editing). I just tried again, then completely closed out of browser and then opened it back up. So far its there, but will check back later to test.

• Ben
    Options

Sounds like a plan @whatever1. Please let me know how you make out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.