As of today, I cannot log into 1Password on my iPhone & iPad. It does not accept my Master Password,

Hattie
Hattie
Community Member

1Password will not accept my Master Password which I have not changed. I also received a message stating I need to enter my master password because my fingerprint has changed (which it has not). I am still able to login to 1 Password on my Mac laptop, but am afraid at some point I will not be able to just like my iPhone and iPad. Please help.

1Password Version: 7.2.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: i OS 12.1.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:As of today I cannot log into 1Password on my iPhone & iPad. It does not accept my Master Password

Comments

• Hi @Hattie,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty. It sounds like you're using iCloud to sync your 1Password data. Is that correct? If so here is what I'd recommend:

1. Make a backup of your 1Password data on the Mac: 1Password backups
    2. Uninstall 1Password for iOS (on both the iPhone and iPad)
    3. Turn off syncing in 1Password for Mac (1Password > Preferences > Sync > set to 'none')
    4. Erase the 1Password data in iCloud (Help > Troubleshooting > Reset iCloud Data)
    5. Re-establish syncing with iCloud on the Mac: Sync your 1Password data
    6. Install 1Password for iOS: 1Password on the iTunes App Store (on both the iPhone and the iPad)
    7. On the welcome screen of 1Password for iOS select the iCloud option (you may need to scroll down to see it)

After that you should be able to unlock both devices using the same Master Password. I'd also recommend verifying that only your fingerprint has been added in the Settings app under Touch ID & Passcode.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• Hattie
    Hattie
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

Thank you so much for responding to me. Your instructions were easy to follow and thanks to you I was able access 1Password on both my iPhone and iPad. Again, thank you so much for your help. I truly appreciate your response. Have a nice day!

Hattie

• I'm so glad to hear that. Thanks for the update @Hattie. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• Snowdenfarm
    Snowdenfarm
    Community Member

Same issue seems to be happening with others, including me. Will there be an update to fix this issue with mobile devices? With one personal vault and two shared vaults, this workaround on three devices, this is not a quick and easy workaround.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

We don't have any knowledge of your data or the password you setup to protect it, or control over what happens on your device, so it isn't something we can fix in an update. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

Alternatively, if you're part of a 1Password Family or Team, another Owner, Organizer, or Admin can help you recover your account, so you can create a new Secret Key and Master Password:

https://support.1password.com/recovery/#begin-recovery

If that doesn't help though, you will need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or simply start over. You can try as many times as you want. You won’t be “locked out”, but you will not be able to access your data unless you can enter the required Master Password correctly. Please let me know how it turns out.

This discussion has been closed.