To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I use a purchased 1Password with my Macbook pro. How do I use it on a Windows 10 computer?

Options
debflew
debflew
Community Member

I have been using 1Password for many years. The last version I purchased was 6 for my Mac. However, I'm now using a Window 10 laptop as well. I understand from the forum answers that to be able to use 1Password for both, I need to be a subscriber. Is it easy to transfer my current passwords to the subscription version to use on both platforms? Also, I'm guessing the price I see is in U.S. dollars, is that correct? What happens if I use it for 6 months and don't like it or if the monthly price shoots up, can I return to just using v.6 on my Mac?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I use a purchased 1Password with my Macbook pro. How do I use it on a Windows 10 computer?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @debflew

There are three separate 1Password membership "instances":

• 1Password.com / United States / USD
    • 1Password.ca / Canada / CAD
    • 1Password.eu / Germany / Euro

You can pick whichever makes the most sense for you. When you sign up for / sign into an account in the 1Password apps they'll help you migrate your data. We have a guide that may help here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

(please note that any links in the guide assume you're using 1Password.com)

What happens if I use it for 6 months and don't like it or if the monthly price shoots up, can I return to just using v.6 on my Mac?

Your license of 1Password 6 for Mac never expires, so you can use it indefinitely as long as it continues to work for you. That said we'd always recommend keeping up to date with all of your software, particularly 1Password, your OS, and your web browser. If you decided to return to a "standalone" (non-membership) setup i'd recommend purchasing a 1Password 7 for Mac (and perhaps a 1Password 7 for Windows, if required) license.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.