Feature Request: Tooltips for browser extension sections

Chris1234
Chris1234
Community Member
edited February 2012 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
Hi,

Since 1P lost the incredibly useful Go and Fill facility, I've been struggling to use the far less useful drop-down menu that appears.

The 1P drop down menu would be a lot more helpful if hover over an icon on the left brought up its meaning. People who are visual have no problem, but for those of us who are not, the icon means very little. Please display some text that tells us the icon's meaning/name/use on hover.

fyi. I'm continuing to stay on Snow Leopard and now use Firefox ESR 10.0.2 with latest 1P 3.8.17 just installed.

Thanks for what I expect is a rather trivial - but very helpful - enhancement.

Cris
Wednesday, 2012/02/29

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hi Cris,

The Go & Fill feature is available from the main application and within the extension. You can even create 1Click Bookmarks to use with the Go & Fill feature:

http://blog.agilebits.com/2012/02/16/1password-power-tip-mac-create-a-1click-bookmark/

If you're having trouble with Go & Fill, please let me know.

As for the tooltips, I'll pass your suggestion along to the developers. For now, if you use the Tab key (or click the different sections), the title of each one is displayed at the top of the list.
    20120229-d2yji5eykks5gigek4wgjci6eq.png
  • desertman
    desertman
    Community Member
    edited February 2012
    I think it would be good to have help (= explanatory) bubbles for the various icons in the left column of the browser extension. These icons are not self-explanatory to me and probably not to most users as well. And even if they were - why not having these bubbles anyway? Thanks.

desertman
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2012
    Hey, desertman, I merged your post with this existing thread. I'll add your vote for this as well.
  • Chris1234
    Chris1234
    Community Member
    Thanks, Khad, but where do I find out how to use the new Go & Fill feature in my browser, do you have a url for me please.. I can't see it in etiher Firefox or Safari 1P, so it's not the same as it was...

Cris
    Thursday, 2012/03/01
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2012
    Just click any of the logins listed in the "Open Login in…" section.

For fast access just use the Option-Command-\ keyboard shortcut (which you can customize in 1Password's preferences). Then just start typing to begin a search. If necessary, use the arrow keys to select the Login you want.

Press Return to Go & Fill the Login.

20120302-fnaka1mtfb4a6hs9wgn2t2m3gx.png
This discussion has been closed.