Accidentally moved from 1P 6 to 1P7 , locked out of both now

lockedoutstudent
lockedoutstudent
Community Member

Long story short- had to deal with a Mac issue that resulted in a clean install of OS [Mojave], and my Time Machine backup wouldnt properly restore/restore fully. So I had 1P6 on my machine [in the top bar], but apparently not the desktop app. I went to download the app, and only version 7 (apparently) was available. Downloaded 7, and started to set up a web account and linked the "old" sync folder [via dropbox] to 7. Now, 6 has reappeared BUT my master password [which was saved within 7] is NOT my old master password for 6, NOR did the password for 7 get synced to 6 [since my dropbox folder now syncs to 7]-- I'm stuck between two versions, and am unable to recover the master password [however, i DID save the recovery key, but i'd like to be able to talk to someone over the phone, since typing through all of this is NOT helpful.

1Password Version: 6 and 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.14.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• lockedoutstudent
    lockedoutstudent
    Community Member

TL;DR- is there a number I can call please? I've already submitted a help ticket via email

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hello @lockedoutstudent

You said you submitted an email support ticket. It's probably best to deal with a problem like this there. When you submitted the ticket, you were sent a response by BitBot with a Support ID. Can you post that ID here so we can find the ticket?

• lockedoutstudent
    lockedoutstudent
    Community Member

Hey Corey, thanks for the swift response- #EIR-37866-743 is my ticket number.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019

@lockedoutstudent - thanks; I've replied there. :)

ref: EIR-37866-743

This discussion has been closed.