Who/what are Serenity and Duplicity?

1Password license icon

1Password 7's license icon contains words in the background. I can read ONEPASSWORD SEVEN, as well as what I assume are some lucky employee names, KYLE, MATT, DAN, ANDREW, CHAD, KEVIN, and maybe RUDY. But I'm very puzzled and curious about SERENITY and DUPLICITY. What are these? Or is it a secret…?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Well spotted. :) I believe those may be secret... perhaps even from me! Ha! I can't think off the top of my head what those represent, but I'll see if I can find an answer.

Ben

P.S. Yes, Rudy is one. Most are names of our 1Password for Mac developers / designers. :+1:

• I know y'all have more important things to do, but I'm curious whether you ever discovered this answer.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Still a mystery. :)

Ben

• rudyrudy

Team Member

8-)

• jpgoldbergjpgoldberg Agile Customer Care

Team Member

@rudy, your password had better not be "serenity duplicity". Perhaps I will bribe @danvpeterson with FroYo to find out what this is all about.

• danvpetersondanvpeterson AWS Team

Team Member
    edited July 27

🙉🙊🙈

• dtearedteare Agile Founder

Team Member

I love that you noticed this! 😘

I'll give you a hint to satiate your curiosity: while writing code and designing new screens its super helpful to have names to refer to for the multitude of various projects we have going on. Other than that I can't say much. 🤫

• brentybrenty

Team Member

Ha! And I was thinking maybe we were using the Wordlist generator to fill some whitespace. :lol:

• rudyrudy

Team Member

@jpgoldberg nope
    @brenty nope

• brentybrenty

Team Member

:tongue:

• jpgoldbergjpgoldberg Agile Customer Care

Team Member

Serenity now!

• rudyrudy

Team Member
  • So Firefly after all?

What about Duplicity?

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

I'll give you a hint to satiate your curiosity: while writing code and designing new screens its super helpful to have names to refer to for the multitude of various projects we have going on. Other than that I can't say much. 🤫

;)

Ben

• rudyrudy

Team Member
  • brentybrenty

Team Member

:unamused:

• Really?

I actually searched for the term "Duplicity" on imdb.com and found that movie, but did not think it might be the answer.

(While Firefely/Serenity immediately seemed socially acceptable in nerd/tech crowds... :wink:)

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Really?

No, not really. :tongue:

Ben

• rudyrudy

Team Member

@Ben,

Really.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Okay, fine. :tongue: But also.

Ben

• XIIIXIII
    edited August 14

Well, one needs inspiration for code names...

Like Apple used ski resorts for a while: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Apple_codenames

In fact, they apparently also used "Serenity", for Swift Playgrounds.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

Works for me. :lol:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file