What is the last version of MacOS in which 1Password 6.8.9 works?

romad
romad
Community Member

I'm considering going to MacOS 10.13.6 on my mid-2011 iMac, but would like to know if iPassword 6 will still work on it.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: MacOS 10.11.6
Sync Type: WiFi
Referrer: forum-search:What is the last version of MacOS in which 1Password 6 works?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@romad - yep! It sure will. If you're ever curious what the system requirements are for various 1Password apps/services, you can check here:

System Requirements for 1Password

• romad
    romad
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

I did look there first but it just says "1Password 6 requires OS X Yosemite 10.10 or later." I also saw a lot of posts about users having problems when they were using 1Pwd6 with High Sierra so I figured I'd ask in case you didn't recommend using 1Pwd6 on HS. I can't go any higher than High Sierra so I'll hold off on buying 1Pwd 7 until I get a newer iMac. Thanks for answering.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@romad - I wouldn't necessarily take what gets posted by users in this forum as definitive. Our user base is large enough that there will be some percentage of users who have difficulties/issues with any configuration. And if they write in here, it can seem as if there are overall problems, when usually they're issues specific to individual setups. If we have any real problems with compatibility, we'll usually make it plain, either with pinned threads in the forum here, indicating what the problem is, or sometimes even directly on our support website, as is currently the case with the retired 1Password 4 for Windows issue with the most recent version of Chrome (72). Just something to keep in mind for any similar future situations. You should be fine with 1Password 6 for Mac on macOS 10.13 (“High Sierra”) -- especially when you consider that macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”) was not released until after we released 1Password 7 for Mac. :) Anyway, if you run into troubles, let us know. Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.