Confusion using multiple accounts using Email adress as username !

uliauer
uliauer
Community Member

Hey guys !
I'm pretty new to 1P. and have a problem. I have several accounts (of various kind) using my private email adress as username.....

I also have 1P configured as PW safe for the login of that particular email account....now what happens is that 1P seems to be confused by those accounts (let's say an online shopping provider) requesting their password on login! 1P is attempting filling in the password of my email account instead of that one belonging to the shopping account....;-(

Am I missing something here ?

The described behavior was experienced with Firefox on a Mac....not tested other browsers yet....

Best regards and thanks in advance for any help,

Uli

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Confusion using multiple accounts using Email adress as username !

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@uliauer - it's not going to be browser-dependent, this is a function of how the items have been saved in 1Password. 1Password should never fill data into a false or fraudulent website. I understand these aren't malicious or fraudulent sites, but the point is that if you're trying to access, say https://www.xyz.com, if your items have been saved properly, 1Password shouldn't ever be offering to fill data for https://www.qrs.com into that Login page.

I wasn't entirely able to tell from your description, but I'd recommend you review the recommended method for saving items and filling them in 1Password. If this isn't the method you used, I'd suggest re-saving the items in question. If you feel like you saved the items properly, can you give us a little more information about what specifically isn't working the way you expect? Thanks.

• uliauer
    uliauer
    Community Member

Okay Lars,
    thanks for your reply and suggestions.....I'll try that once I have time to do it and keep you updated....!
    Best,

Uli

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@uliauer - sounds good. Let us know if you have any further trouble or questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.