Safari toolbar button keeps coming back

Options
hazmat
hazmat
Community Member

Hi. I keep the 1Password button off my Safari toolbar button, but every time after an update it comes back. How do I keep it from reappearing?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.6.BETA-0 (70206000)
Extension Version: 7.2.5.beta-1
OS Version: macOS 10.14.4
Sync Type: 1Password Family account

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hazmat - hmmm...how are you removing the 1Password button from Safari's toolbar? Are you just using Safari's Customize Toolbar feature to do this? Because I was able to remove my own 1Password button in this manner, update 1Password 7, and not have it reappear. If you actually delete the main 1Password app and then re-install it, the button will reappear, because you'll have deleted the extension when you deleted the app, and then re-installed a new copy. But if you're just using the in-app update feature it should work. Do you have the extension actually disabled in Safari's Preferences > Extensions? Or just the icon pulled off Safari's toolbar?

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, Lars. I'm dragging it out by holding down Command. I never delete 1Password.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hazmat - hrm. I'm wondering if there's possibly a difference between using cmd+drag instead of using "Customize Toolbar?" I find that hard to believe, but I'd try doing it that way next time, then waiting for the next update. Let us know if that makes any difference.

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member
    Options

That would definitely be weird, but I'll certainly try that way of removing the button next time!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, Lars. No joy. Still comes back from any way I remove it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hazmat: When 1Password updates, Safari grabs the latest extension from it and installs it. Hence, it adds it to its toolbar. You can either remove it at that point, or, if you've got cluttered toolbars already, drag it all the way to the right so it's hidden under the >>.

• cvnntg
    cvnntg
    Community Member
    Options

This is also happening to me, but no other extensions that I own. Why is this specific to 1Password?

I am using of Safari (Version 13.0.3 (14608.3.10.10.1)) and macOS Mojave (10.14.6). Thank you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cvnntg:

That's because the 1Password Safari extension is bundled with the 1Password app, it's not downloaded separately. As brenty explained in the message above yours, if you disable the extension it will come back with the next update, so you will have to disable it again.

This discussion has been closed.