Pro features in app purchase on Android not working for me

It picks the wrong Google account when I try the in app purchase. It picks my work Gmail, witch I don´t use when I purchase in Google Store, in stead of my personal G-account, and when I try to register a payment card, its not supported with Google Pay... My bank haven´t activated this yet. But I can buy apps directly from the Google Store. Is there a way to buy Pro features not from the in app?

1Password Version: Android app
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Latest Android on Samsung S9
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:in app purchase

Comments

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@joarhato: It all works based on how you've set it up. It sounds like you just need to remove the app, switch to the correct Google Account (the one you used for the purchase), install 1Password, and then restore the purchase using that same account. The Google Play store won't validate it if you're not using the correct account, but it's pretty good about letting you switch between them. Cheers! :)

• Did it. But didn´t work. Based on what does it pick my work G-account? I downloaded the app with private G-account logged in on Google Store...

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@joarhato: What do you mean by "private G-account"?

• Private Google e-mail account. Not work-email. I use both e-mails on the phone. But I do the Google Store purchases with my private email logged in on Google Store.

• LarsLars Junior Member

Team Member

@joarhato - I'm sorry for the trouble, however we can only use the Google Play account you're currently using on your device. You may need to get in touch with Google on this one, since we can't choose to use a different account than the one you're signed in using.

• joarhatojoarhato
    edited February 22

I removed my work G-suite account from my phone, and I suddenly have Pro features unlocket. Seems like I have purchased 1Password with my private Google account some time ago. Setting up my phone with a separate workprofile (didn´t use that before) with the G-suite work account now, to help the phone separate work related apps (G-suite) with the rest of my private apps, like 1Password. It´s working. Looking good! :)

• brentybrenty

Team Member

Yep that will do it. The Google Play store will validate the purchase with the account it was made under. Anyway, glad to hear all is well now. Thanks for the update! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file