Feature request: use gyro sensor to lock app

telephoneman
telephoneman
Community Member
edited February 2019 in iOS

Sometimes smartphones are Stolen by just quick grab the phone and run away. Feature request: during use of 1Password the app should analyze the phone sensors for immediate fast move or drop or shake and then lock the app. This will prevent access to all passwords during such a theft of the phone or simple drop and loose the phone

Comments

• Saleana
    Saleana
    Community Member

Telephoneman,

I like the way you think. Thanks for the input. Hopefully 1P will be able to make awesome updates like that in the near future.

Stay creative!
    Saleana

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

Hi @Saleana, thanks. Are you an "official" from Agilebits or just commented this in private? Thanks, telephone man

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2019

Hi @telephoneman

Saleana is a passionate customer like yourself. 1Password Team Members will be indicated by an orange bar on our posts and a "1Password Team Member" badge to the right of our posts:

Thanks for the feedback on this. I worry about the battery related implications here, but I can certainly pass the suggestion along to our development team.

Ben

• Saleana
    Saleana
    Community Member

@telephoneman

Maybe someday I’ll be able to assist you ‘officially’ with the agilebits team. 8-) Keep the ideas coming though because honestly we need more creative people like you in this world!

Saleana

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member

@Saleana @Ben thank you all guys ❤️

• You're very welcome. :) :+1:

Ben

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member

@Ben by the way, I can’t imagine this uses much battery on iPhone or iPad. As you maybe know it constantly renders that 3D depth effect on home screen all the time. If that would consume too much battery I think apple would not have implemented it. So I am optimistic 😊

• I was not aware of that. Interesting. Thanks for sharing. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.