Reverting from membership to standalone

SystemSystem

Team Member
This discussion was created from comments split from: Standalone none cloud based option?.

Comments

• I have used 1password for many years. Over the weekend I tried the subscription version because you no longer support chrome. I deleted 1password standalone on my iOS devices to try the subscription version. I tried the subscription version but didn't care for it. I now want to go back to the standalone version but I can't find the app in the app store. Can you send me a link to it?

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @Tom Pyzdek

I'm sorry to hear you didn't care for membership. If you wouldn't mind sharing I'd really like to hear what turned you off from it. Perhaps there are things we can improve. You can find instructions on reverting from membership to standalone here:

How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

As for locating the app in the App Store... it should come up with a search for 1Password, but if something odd is happening and it isn't you can find a direct link here:

1Password on the iTunes App Store

Ben

• I'd really like to hear what turned you off from it.
    Basically it was that I could only get tech support via forum posts. I struggled with installation issues for nearly an entire week, with no success. I also have reservations about a cloud-based approach to password storage and retrieval. Anyway, the standalone version works fine for me.

• MeekMeek

Team Member

Hey @TucsonTom2,

Thank you for your feedback on that! We do also have support through email: https://support.1password.com/contact/

If you ever decide in trying out a 1Password account again in the future, we'd be happy to help you get up and running and answer any more questions you have - about the security of a could-based approach or anything else.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file