I want to return 1password 6. Don't like 7 as can't edit passwords or other info.

Options
korlann1
korlann1
Community Member

It looks like 1 password 7 requires monthly fees. I am on a fixed income and can't afford the costs. I would like to know how to return to 1 password 6. Also, 1 password 7 doesnt seem to let me edit the information. Please have a human respond.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I want to return to 1password 6. Dont like 7 as I cant edit passwords or other info

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@korlann1 - 1Password 7 for Mac doesn't require a subscription, though it's certainly an option. If you prefer, you can also purchase a standalone license at the "launch special" price of $49.99, over 23% off the regular retail price of $64.99. Just click the "Read Only" badge you'll see on any of your items in 1Password, and you'll get to the Purchase Options screen, where you can click the link that says "Need a license? We have those too" (like this):

It's also possible to revert back to using 1Password 6 for Mac if you prefer...but we can't recommend that as any kind of long-term strategy for using 1Password. Just like macOS and your browsers (and everything else, frankly), keeping your password manager up-to-date is important not just for compatibility with other software and the OS, but also for security reasons. If you still would prefer version 6, just Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu), then delete it. Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app to your Mac's Trash, then empty the trash. Then you should be able to just double-click the 1Password 6 zip file that version 7 should've left in your Applications folder, and that will restore your previous version 6. You may also need to re-install the Safari extension, if you're a Safari user. Let us know how you get on! :)

This discussion has been closed.