New Family member - unable to Open & Fill

deltabravo
deltabravo
Community Member

I just upgraded to family, invited my husband, installed app (both using iMac, Safari). Confirmed him and put 1Password Extension in Safari Preferences. He has 1Password icon on dock below and 1Password thing in toolbar above. Toolbar thingy only opens every few tries. When I select a log in, it does nothing. If I go to the website sign in page and ask it to fill, nothing? His setup looks the same as mine, so I am stumped. He does show the shared vault. Any ideas? Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 7.2.5
OS Version: 10.14.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:family members 1password won't work

Comments

• Hi deltabravo,

Does the 1Password icon in the menu bar work when Safari is the frontmost app? Or does it only work when Safari is not the frontmost app?

• deltabravo
    deltabravo
    Community Member

If you are talking about the small, black icon that sits at the top in the "toolbar"? With Safari open it sometimes opens and sometimes not. Down below on the Dock it opens all times. When signed in and I ask 1Pass to "open & Fill", nothing happens. Even if I go to the website sign-in page and ask it to fill, nothing. I have not tried it with Safari closed. Any help appreciated.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@deltabravo - the first thing I'd do is restart your Mac to make sure we're beginning from a fresh state. If the issue persists, check whether the 1Password extension in Safari is enabled (turned on, with the checkbox in Safari's Preferences > Extensions) in his setup. If it is, and you're still unable to get it working, let us know. I did notice you mentioned in your first post that you're syncing via iCloud...but you also talk about inviting your husband - presumably to a 1Password Families account. What vaults does he show in Preferences > Vaults -- number of vaults and their name(s)?

• deltabravo
    deltabravo
    Community Member

Yes, extensions was setup, yes Private Vault and Shared Vault were present and....YES, today it all works fine!! Thank you. I have no idea why it didn't the last 3 days, after rebooting, it did not work. All is good. Thank you!! denise

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@deltabravo - excellent! Glad things are working well for you now. :)

This discussion has been closed.