Feature Request: Generate new password to fill in field

apostate
apostate
Community Member
edited February 2019 in Android

It would be great if 1Password for Android could allow the user to generate a new password to fill in a password field in addition to searching/picking an existing password.

Currently if I am creating a new account for an application or website, the flow usually goes like this:
1. install new application
2. open application, get prompted for registration
3. fill in username
4. have to come up with a password
5. go to the home screen
6. open 1 password
7. create a new login
8. fill in title, username
9. generate password
10. save entry
11. copy password
12. task manage to find other app
13. (hope the app didn't reset in the meantime which happens sometimes during power save)
14. paste the password

It would be great if after step 4:
5. 1password prompts for autofill - click on it to have an option to generate a new password as an additional option to searching for an existing password (or choosing a matching password)
6. 1password fills in with the generated password
7. 1password prompts to save new login after submission

I've flipped through the forum and it looks like this feature request has been made a number of times already.

If 1Password knows to prompt the user for filling in a field - it should also be able to give the user an option to generate a new password to fill in that field.

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for getting in touch! Indeed, that is something we'd like as well. It wasn't really possible at all in the past since there was no mechanism to integrate with other apps, but with the introduction of Android Autofill we started with filling (since that's by far what is most used day to day) and we'll continue to build from there. Thanks for the feedback! :)

• apostate
    apostate
    Community Member

Awesome! Great to hear it's on the list of things to do!

Thanks so much for always being so responsive too! One of the best things I love about using 1Password (in addition to its great interface)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for being so passionate about 1Password! We're here if you have any other comments, questions, or feedback. Cheers! :chuffed:

• fabwu
    fabwu
    Community Member

Would love that feature too! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the feedback. :)

• amoebanath
    amoebanath
    Community Member

Hey
    Where is this on your roadmap?
    This workflow is getting incredibly frustrating. It means passwords continue to stress me out, which is not really the point of 1P is it :-P
    I'm strongly considering the need to change platform if it's not changing soon. I really can't take it much longer! :-(

• Thanks for the feedback, @amoebanath. I don't have an ETA for you, but I'll pass your request on to our development team.

This discussion has been closed.