Accidentally created new entry instead of adding app link to existing entry, how to fix?

fritzophrenic
fritzophrenic
Community Member

I somehow created two entries for a streaming music login, one on my phone, and one on my Windows PC.

I filled in a lot more information on the entry created from the PC, including security questions, account numbers, etc. The one created on my Android phone only contained the username/password and the app link. So, when I wanted to combine the two entries, naturally I wanted to keep the one I created on Windows.

I could not find a way to manually copy the linked app field from the Android entry to the Windows entry. It looks like it's just stored as a plaintext string, I was surprised I could not find a way to do this.

I ended up just deleting the Android entry, and logging into the app again on Android, having it search 1Password for the entry to re-create an app link.

Isn't there a better way to do this?

I see that manual creation of app links has been discussed in the past and was not possible at the time, but in this case I already have an app link, it's just on the wrong entry:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/82069/ability-to-link-apps-manually
https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/93831/allow-addition-of-linked-app-ids-manually

1Password Version: Android 7.1.1
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: Android 8.0.0
Sync Type: N/A

Comments

• Hi @fritzophrenic. Thanks for reaching out!

The 'Linked apps' section isn't a typical filed in that it is created 'under the hood' and can't be created by you or modified. It's possible that manual creation of these is something we could support in the future, and I'll pass your request for this on to our development team.

In the meantime, the easiest way to create that link is to use the Login to fill into the app. 1Password will create it automatically when you do so.

• fritzophrenic
    fritzophrenic
    Community Member

A "merge" feature could also be useful, instead. Select two entries, and any fields unique to one or the other get automatically moved into the destination entry. Then let the user choose which version to keep if the same field exists in both with a different value.

But I imagine that's more work.

• Thanks for the feedback! I'll make sure to share this with my team. :)

• peri
    edited April 2019

Thanks, @PellaAndroid! I'll pass your request along to our development team as well!

ref: android-484

This discussion has been closed.