Converted 1PW 6 to 7 have few questions

captsls
captsls
Community Member

Just purchased 1PW membership and updated my Version 6 to 7. My original purchase was direct from Agilebits in July of 2014. All my logins were transferred to ver 7 and are working.
Great!!!! I’ve loved 1PW for nearly 5 years. And sent you several new customers!

I have been syncing (mac, iphone, and ipad) with DropBox and I think also backing up to DropBox although I am not sure where the B/up files are really located.

1. Since the file structure has changed do I need to do anything with respect to Backup or DropBox?

2. I am moving all my files to a new MAC computer tomorrow (using migration assistant). Should I uninstall 1PW6 first? There is a 1PW (6) icon in my Dock with a “?” On it. The only thing I see in Finder is the 1PW 6 zip file where my old files were copied. Should I send the old icon to the trash since 7 seems to be working? I’ll save the zip file just in case.

3. I didn’t provide a credit card for my subscription and the only way I could find to download the membership product was the free trial. What should I do about that?

4. On the new computer tomorrow do I just sign in at my.1password.com and that validates my new computer? I noticed that I can authorize my other devices by sending a scanned square to my iphone and ipad. Can I do that with my new computer (I really don’t know how to use airdrop on the ipad and phone but I guess I will figure it out.

5. Thanks for all your help

I was really happy to see a picture of Megan at the top of your support page. She was fantastic helping me in 2014 and 2015 before she was promoted. Loved her

Steve

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 7.2.5
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• captsls
    captsls
    Community Member

In addition to the above, I just noticed that my 1PW preferences no longer show SYNC WI-FI SERVER BACKUP IN THE TOP PANE

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@captsls - I see you've asked this same set of questions of our email support team and my colleague Adam has been assisting you there. Let's keep the conversation going that way instead of in multiple venues at once, if you don't mind - it can cause confusion and slows the support response times for everyone including you. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.