License to Subscription?

I am hiring a VA and need to share passwords. I have the license. Do I need to upgrade? How?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @kseagle7!

Yes, if you need to share passwords with your VA, you need to upgrade to a 1Password Membership. In your case I will recommend a 1Password Business account. In addition to password sharing, a Business account offers you a lot more features, which I believe you will find useful in your work.

We also have a nice getting started guide for you, which shows you how to get up and running with 1Password Business.

I hope this helps!

• I purchased a license for Mac awhile back. Now I want to upgrade to subscription so I can have it on my PC, phone, iPad, etc. I cant figure out how to do it. I DO NOT have a secret number because I don't have a subscription. I'm stuck!

I thought I would just go to 1password.com and sign in and upgrade but I cant get past the screen because it wants a secret code which I dont have!

• UPDATE: I clicked find my account and it sent me an email. It says I do have a secret key but I cant find it anywhere. Now what?

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@BuddyQ: Indeed, sorry for the confusion. If you never signed up for a 1Password membership, you won't have an account or Secret Key at all. In order to make the transition to a membership, just follow the steps I this guide to sign up, migrate your existing data, and setup the rest of your devices:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

And if you have any questions along the way, let us know. We're here for you. :)

• @brenty, I've tried this. It won't let me because it says "An account with this email address already exists."

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@BuddyQ: Okay. Then you have signed up for an account in the past, and perhaps forgotten -- or just lost your account credentials. If you do have your account credentials, you just need to use them to sign in. If you do not have them, you will need to delete the account and start over with a new one. Where do you have your 1Password data currently?

• I have it in my dropbox.

• Is there no way to get my secret number from somewhere?? Crazy to have to delete my account.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@BuddyQ: The whole point of the Secret Key is that no one but you has it, as, like your Master Password, it is used to secure your data. So no, it is not something anyone else can give you. If you've got your 1Password data in a vault in Dropbox currently, that's completely separate from any account, so it's no problem to start over a with a new one and move your data there:

1. In a web browser, go to https://start.1password.com/support , enter the account's email address, and click "Continue"
    2. Click the blue button in the email you receive to view your account(s)
    3. Click the account you want to delete
    4. Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click "Delete Account" to confirm.

After that, you can follow the guide to sign up, migrate your data, and setup your devices with the new account:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

Let me know if you have questions along the way. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file