Doubled Entries in Windows after syncing Android app

Options

As stated above, I have two copies of entries in my account after syncing my Android app (I recently upgraded from a 1password 4 licence to a monthly 1password 7 subscription). I successfully followed all the online instructions of moving from version 4 to 7 as well as watching the video instruction on removing the primary vault (also uninstalled the old version 4 windows program afterwards). I then proceeded to update the Android app and followed the video instructions which also prompted me to afterwards remove the primary vault. I'm just uncertain if the Android app update duplicated entries before I removed the vault because now I have multiple entries in my personal vault. I'm looking for a way to delete the duplicate copies instead of going through them one by one. Any help regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated.

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Home Ver. 1809
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello, @FranzF! If you have duplicates in your Personal vault, that does seem to indicate that you ended up with your data transferred twice. Did 1Password for Android prompt you to migrate your data when you signed in with your 1Password account? What should happen is that this prompt will only come up if your Personal vault is empty. Once you've migrated on one device, you don't need to do it again on another, so if you were prompted to do so, that might mean there's an issue we need to investigate in 1Password for Android.

As for tidying up, there's no way to do this automatically, but if your PC and Android were in sync prior to migrating your data and you haven't made any changes to your data since you set things up, you can tidy up fairly quickly. 1Password for Windows sorts by "title" by default, so press Ctrl + D, select Personal to make sure you're just seeing this vault, then hold Ctrl and select one of each duplicate quickly. They should be right next to each other so you don't have to think too much about which items you're selecting. Once you've selected one of each duplicate, press Ctrl + Del to send 'em to the trash. You can then empty your trash by right-clicking it and selecting "empty trash". It may not show as emptied right away due to a known refresh issue, but I promise it's empty and the UI will update once you lock and unlock 1Password.

If you've made changes to your data since the duplication and are worried you may accidentally delete the more updated copy of an item, of course, let me know. I can share some additional tips to help ease that tidying without risking locking yourself out of anything. :+1:

• FranzF
    FranzF
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much for the reply! And apologies it took this long to reply back to you. I went ahead and manually deleted the duplicates and refreshed the application afterwards to purge the trash. It took awhile to do, but everything was taken care of on my end.I don't 100% remember if a prompt came when I was upgrading the Android account. I was just following the videos and how-to guide on the Android side of your site for updating to the 1password subscription. I may have just migrated the old Dropbox vault before I deleted it. Apologies if that seems a bit fuzzy on my end. Nevertheless, thank you for looking into the Android side of things as well as getting back to me regarding this issue. Have yourself a great day and rest of the week!

• It's no trouble at all, and not to worry about the fuzziness, @FranzF! I generally don't expect folks to remember exactly what they've done, but I figure it never hurts to ask. My dad is one of those people who can recount his every move for the past few weeks. I forget what I had for breakfast by lunch. We all have different super powers. :wink: I'm glad you've got things tidied up and wish you a lovely week free of any duplicate items moving forward. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.