520 items are about to be deleted

Options
SoKal
SoKal
Community Member

I just moved from 1Password 4 to 1Password.com, including copying 520 items from my Dropbox “Primary” vault to my new 1Password.com “Personal” vault. (My “Personal” vault now has 539 items; more than 520 probably because attachments got detached from items and stored as individual items in “Documents”.)

With all my items copied over from my “Primary” vault to my new “Personal” vault, and then thought I should unlink my “Primary” vault. But when I was going through this process I got this very scary looking prompt about everything is going to be deleted. Yikes.

What’s going to happen if I press “Confirm?” Will it delete the “Primary” vault on Dropbox, delete 520 items from the “Primary” vault on Dropbox, or just unlink the vault from my iPhone?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @SoKal

It unlinks it from your phone. In the future this will happen automatically, without any scary prompt. The scary prompt is there for folks who don't have their data stored elsewhere, but once you've migrated your data you should probably delete the vault from Dropbox anyway. :) I hope that helps!

Ben

• SoKal
    SoKal
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, Ben. I removed by "Primary" vault from Dropbox. It required me to enter the vault's password and then the account's password, but then it is gone. Thanks again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great! Glad Ben was able to help. We're here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.