How to perform a One Click Web Portal login to Lynda.com with Public Library credentials

Options

I was researching how to login to Lynda.com from an organization web portal URL this morning and could not find this on 1Password's Agilebits Forums website. So I documented the process for my future use and for others with the same issue.

This 1Password login example describes

How to perform a One Click Web Portal login to Lynda.com with Public Library credentials.

First manually login to Lynda.com on a browser that can store cookies.

The cookies will capture the organization as a sip key: for example: sip?org=citystate.gov

RFC 3261 - SIP: Session Initiation Protocol

This permits the user to capture the login using the URL that Lynda.com returns to save THAT as the website field in the login form.

To initiate the login, first use the URL in the 1Password URL, that triggers the request for the library credentials which are username, and password.

Example for website construction, our state uses city and state with no spaces or punctuation.

https://www.lynda.com/portal/sip?org=citystate.gov

SIP Login

The above specific URL is not a valid organization but it does permit you to see the request for login details.

1Password 6
Version 6.8.9 (689001)
AgileBits Store

System Software Overview:

System Version: macOS 10.13.6 (17G65)
Kernel Version: Darwin 17.7.0

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro10,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: 251.0.0.0.0
SMC Version (system): 2.3f36

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 6.8.9
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Licensed copy - no cloud

Comments

• Hi @sanug! Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for sharing this insight. To tell the truth, I had to go through the same process myself when I signed up for a library access at Lynda.com. It is quite annoying when you cannot perform a One Click Web Portal login.

I'm sure your guide would be of great use to others.

Thanks again and have a great day ;)

This discussion has been closed.