Unable to empty trash. Deleted items reappear

Options
howdytom
howdytom
Community Member

Hi there,

when I try to "Empty Trash..." the item count goes to zero, than it jumps back and all items immediately reappear. I am still able to show and modify passwords. Looks like "Empty Trash" feature is broken?

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 7.2.5
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: none

Comments

• Hi @howdytom ,

It sounds like something is preventing some of your items from being deleted. I'd like to try one more time, and take note of the date and time that you tried. Then, please create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• The date/time you tried to empty the trash.
    • A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/101997/unable-to-empty-trash-deleted-items-reappear#latest
    • Your forum username: howdytom

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here, and then we can have a look at see what's going on.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• howdytom
    howdytom
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_kevin,

Thank you for your reply. I have generated a Diagnostic Report. So far I haven't received any autoreply from the BitBot assistant.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@howdytom - Hmmm, that's odd. Are you certain you sent it to support+forum@agilebits.com? Every email should get a fairly quick automatic reply just to let you know that we received it.

• howdytom
    howdytom
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Lars ,

oops. I have used the predefined 1Password troubleshooting utility default email address which is support@agilebits.com

BitBot Support ID: #MWV-49892-735

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No worries about the email address. It all goes to the same place. The different ones just help us with sorting to help people faster, but we've got your Support ID so we can take a look and follow up with you there. :)

ref: MWV-49892-735

• howdytom
    howdytom
    Community Member
    Options

It turned out there has been a conflict with the sync file. Just for reference here's what you can do:

Solution:
    1. Open the sync preferences, take note of your sync settings, and then set sync to none. Do NOT check the box to remove the sync data.
    2. Quit 1Password by holding down the option, clicking the 1Password icon in the menubar, and choosing Quit 1Password Completely.
    3. Start 1Password again and unlock.
    4. Try to empty the trash.

And voilà, emptying the trash works like a charm! Shout out to the Agilebits Support Team. Thank you for your great support!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@howdytom - I'm glad to hear you got this one resolved! Thanks for sharing what worked for you, and let us know if you need assistance with anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.