Share passwords filling without revealing them

We're using 1Password Team plan. Is it possible that the admins and owners could share with members the password filling but without reveal permissions?

Thank you.

Best,
Roc

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:We're using 1Password Team

Comments

• Colleaga_Apps_Admin
    Colleaga_Apps_Admin
    Community Member

For example:

When a team member is viewing our email system, and needs to log in as an admin. The user could select the password from the 1Password list, but the exact password is masked, shown as asterisks (***)

Thanks
    Roc

• Hey @Colleaga_Apps_Admin,

Yes, it is possible to customize access permissions for any team member to a shared vault. One of the options there is to "Reveal Password". If this is unchecked, then they won't be able to see the password itself within 1Password, but they'll still be able to fill the item when signing in.

The only caveat here is that once the password is filled into the website, there is nothing we can do to prevent someone from inspecting the page details and learning the password that way. So by unchecking the Reveal Password permission, it doesn't guarantee that the password can't be found out, it just makes it more difficult and is a deterrent within 1Password itself.

I hope that helps clarify how this feature works! If you have any more questions, please let us know.

• Colleaga_Apps_Admin
    Colleaga_Apps_Admin
    Community Member

Hi @Meek

Thanks for your reply. But I didn't find where to toggle the Reveal Password option. I attached the screenshot of the setting screen I found for a vault. Maybe I'm not looking at the right place.

Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2019

@Colleaga_Apps_Admin: The "View and copy passwords" permission can be managed in the vault's settings in a 1Password Business account, provided you have the rights to manage it:

https://start.1password.com/vaults

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Colleaga_Apps_Admin
    Colleaga_Apps_Admin
    Community Member

@brenty

Thank, we're on Team license now, guess we don't have that control :(

Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Colleaga_Apps_Admin: Ah, sorry for the confusion there. If you really want that feature (bearing in mind what Meek explained above), it's pretty easy to switch to a 1Password Business plan, which includes that and a ton of other stuff: reports, activity log, custom groups -- and even a separate 1Password Families membership for each member of your company you invite. If you'll reach out to business@1password.com we'll be happy to answer any questions specific to your needs and help you make the transition if it ends up being a better fit for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.