Constant crashes

Options
frnkr
frnkr
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi, my chrome add-on crashes constantly. I've sent maybe three reports and now got tired of sending these anymore. :) So add-on asks password (never touch id) it disappears and hotkey does not work anymore. The only "solution" is to open 1password which instantly opens reporting. After that I'll input password and if I quit the app it re-produces the error.

Just got out of the loop but cannot remember how but I guess I used add-on once with the app before quitting it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@frnkr: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the difficulty. Unfortunately without some basic information you've left out of your post, it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the exact OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using there, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, what is the context in which the crashes are occurring? Did you send crash reports to us, or to Apple? And if it was to us, would they be under the same email address you're registered under here in the forum? Thanks in advance! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@frnkr: I'm not sure if it's the same without the specifics of your cause, but a crash that others have reported in the beta is being addressed by the next one. Be sure to let us know if it helps you as well. :)

• frnkr
    frnkr
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty sorry that i left the info out but i thought you could check these from the reports i sent based on my email (last one today) :) Do you still need the info or can you check them from the report?

• rudy
    Options

@frnkr,

Nope, we have what we need. The information he requested makes it easier for us to find the report, as many people don't use the same email address in sending the report as they do on the forums.

• frnkr
    frnkr
    Community Member
    Options

ok, now the crashes are constant. It seems that every time I boot/restart add-on crashes. Do you still need the reports? Today I could have sent these for in a row... :dizzy:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@frnkr: There's no harm in sending them, but as Rudy mentioned we don't need additional info at this time. I'm sorry that this is impacting you so much though. It might be better to revert to the stable version temporarily so you can get stuff done until we have a new beta for you. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.