Mistaken 2FA warning.

Options
rob_tracy
rob_tracy
Community Member

I use Two-factor Authentication in Slack, but 1Password mistakenly says I have not enabled it.

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I use Two-factor Authentication in Slack, but 1Password mistakenly says I have not enabled it.

Comments

• KayJay
    KayJay
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @rob_tracy,

Are you using 1Password to provide the one-time password for Slack or are you using another app to manage two-factor authentication?

If you are using another app to provide the one-time passwords, then you can add the 2FA tag to your Slack account entry in 1Password. Doing this will exclude that items from Watchtower.

Hope that helps!

• rob_tracy
    rob_tracy
    Community Member
    Options

Im using the Google Authenticator. to achieve 2FA. Maybe that's why 1 Password doesn't think I have 2FA?

• KayJay
    KayJay
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that would be exactly why! You can use the 2FA tag in your Slack entry in 1Password and then it will no longer show up as not having 2FA enabled.

Here is a screenshot of one of my accounts in 1Password with the 2FA tag added:

I hope that helps clear that up. You also have the ability to switch from using the Google Authenticator to using 1Password to provide the one-time passwords if you choose.

Have a great day!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rob_tracy!

As @KayJay correctly wrote, adding a 2FA tag to these items will have them removed from the Inactive 2FA list :)
    Thank you @KayJay for your help once again!

I hope this helps and let us know if you have any questions!

• KayJay
    KayJay
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana no problem. I'm happy to help other 1Password customers as often as I can (trying to get hired actually)! I've been using the product for many, many years and couldn't live without it in my daily routine.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@KayJay, that's amazing!

I wish you the best of luck ;)

• KayJay
    KayJay
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana, thank you! Put in a good word for me! ;)

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.