After switching to my.1Password.eu iOS App still offers to log into my.1Password.com

Options
Robs
Robs
Community Member

Hi,

i've switched my account from my.1Password.com to 1Password.eu (thanks for the great support), but recently when i set up an iPad, the 1Password app said it found two accounts i could log into:
the new my.1Password.eu
and the old my.1Password.com

I logged into the .eu account, but when I go to the Settings of the 1Password app, 1Password-Accounts->Add existing Account it still offers me the .com account.

I think, that the secret key for the old .com account might still be stored in the iCloud Keychain.
How do i delete the old secret key from the iCloud Keychain, so that it doesn't show up in the 1Password app anymore?
Or could there be another reason why the old .com account still shows up (can't log into the old .com account anymore because it got deleted after I moved to the .eu account).

Thanks,
Robert

1Password Version: 7.2.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.1.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Robs!

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. :)

Yes, you can remove the old Secret Key from iCloud Keychain, but it has to be done from a Mac.

We will be happy to help you with this. To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com so we can continue the conversation there? Please add the following ticket mask to the subject of your email, including the square brackets, so we can locate your email:

[#FWB-36648-334]

Looking forward to your message!

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @Robs only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: FWB-36648-334

• Robs
    Robs
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, I've just managed to delete the wrong account details from Keychain on my Mac.

For all others with the same problem:
    1. Open the Keychain app on your Mac (if you don't have a Mac it seems like you're out of luck?!)
    2. Go to the categorie "iCloud"
    3. Search for something like "com.agilebits.onepassword.Credentials"
    4. Douple-click on that entry and select "Show password"
    5. Enter your local user password of your Mac.
    6. Click into the field and move the cursor with the Arrow-keys to the right until you see the Account-Key
    7. Verify it is the old Account-Key you want to delete
    8. If it is the one you want to delete, close the details-window and right click on that entry and select "Delete"

Thanks and have a nice day!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @Robs. :) :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.