To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Authorized devices

Robs
Robs
Community Member

Hi,

i've just got a second iPad and I set the new iPad up with a backup from my older iPad. I still use both iPads (work and private), but in the list of authorized devices on the account page on my.1password.eu there's only one entry that says iPad.

I tried to unauthorize that device and signing back into 1Password on my iPads, but it still only shows one iPad instead of two.

What can i do, so that both iPads show up as seperate devices?

1Password Version: 7.2.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.1.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2019

Hi @Robs!

Are you sure both devices are connected to same same my.1password.eu account? You can check this on both your iPads if you open the 1Password app and go to Settings > 1Password Accounts.

Can you see the same 1Password account added on both iPads?

• Robs
    Robs
    Community Member

Hi!
    Yes, both iPads are definitely on th same account

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Robs: Thanks for checking. I'd like you to send a diagnostics report from each device so we can compare what's happening I reach case:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send them to support@1password.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#RIP-64133-377]

If you’re reading this and you are not Robs, this Support ID is for Robs only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link them to our current conversation. I wonder if the iOS backup also restored the authentication session in the app. Thanks in advance!

ref: RIP-64133-377

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

I had a somewhat similar issue but not related to 1Password.

I set up an iPhone using a backup from an iPad. My VPN worked fine on both devices, but a check on the VPN's website would only show a single device. They finally said that, because I had used a backup, the two devices were being identifies as the same.

I wonder if this is happening to you with 1PW.

• Ah, that is an interesting theory. I suspect you may be on to something @danco. In fact I'm pretty sure I've seen that behavior before. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.