auto-lock not honoring settings and seems to lock vault on its own

Options
snowy
snowy
Community Member

I have recently noticed that 1Password (main and extension app) lock randomly. Attached a screen shot of my settings. I went so far as to turn off everything but lock on sleep and fast user switching. My displays are set to turn off, but my machine i believe technically isn't going to sleep. I tested by using the Lock Screen shortcut that does not lock 1P. However, if my displays turn off which happens about 15 seconds after i lock the screen then 1P locks.

The desired behavior is i can lock my screen and displays turn off (computer not asleep) and 1P states unlocked. When i leave for the day and my computer does go to sleep after 15-20 minutes 1P locks.

Any suggestions on what I got wrong with my settings?

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@snowy,

I think that's where the confusion lies, the Lock on sleep setting applies to both display sleep and system sleep. You'd probably want to make use of the lock after computer is idle instead of the lock on sleep to achieve your desired behavior.

• snowy
    snowy
    Community Member
    Options

ah ok thanks. i suspected that was the case. i have modified the settings and is working closer to what i want. i would be curious if you would ever add an option to differentiate between display sleep and the whole computer itself? (or does macOS not offer that type of hook?)

side note: i thought on older macOS (High Sierra) when you used the lock screen it didn't turn the displays off immediately. but maybe i am mistaken

anyway thanks!

• Ben
    Options

It may be something we can consider for the future, but we do have some resistance to adding additional preferences. If you do a quick search on this forum for "add a preference" you can probably get a glimpse of why. But certainly if there is enough demand for that level of separation we can look into it. :) Thanks for the feedback on this.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.