I have just upgraded to version 7. Problem with logging into the correct account

numero114
numero114
Community Member

Prior to this I had within my setup a separate work vault with it's own account. After I upgraded to version 7 and signed up for an account one of the macs now has me logging in as the subordinate work account. It's fine on my other mac. I want to log in as myself for all my devices but then access the work vault from within my main log in.

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.14.3
Sync Type: Account
Referrer: forum-search:1pw7 i have 2 accounts change the one i log into

Comments

• Hi @numero114

The way 1Password unlocks is:

1. If a Primary vault exists then unlock using the Master Password for that vault, regardless of what, if any, memberships are signed in
    2. If a single 1Password membership is signed in then unlock using the Master Password for that membership account
    3. If multiple memberships are signed in then unlock using the Master Password of the first added membership

These are each exclusive scenarios. For example, if multiple memberships are signed in, you cannot unlock 1Password using the Master Password of the second account that was added. If you need to start fresh so that you can set things up in a different order you can do so by selecting Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• numero114
    numero114
    Community Member

What does Reset All 1Password Data do? I only want to sort out this issue on one computer, I don't want it to cause problems elsewhere.

• Correct -- it only affects the cache of 1Password data on that computer. It does not have any effect on synced data / data stored in your 1Password membership(s).

Ben

This discussion has been closed.