To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Account creation with the same email address on COM and EU instance (during the transfer to EU) ?

cedricc
cedricc
Community Member
edited March 2019 in Memberships

Hi,

I have an account on the US instance for the moment. I would like to transfer to EU now that it exists. I understand I'll have to sign up again and transfer according to your procedure (moving manually client side).

What I don't know is: can I sign up on the EU instance with the same email address I already use on 1password.com ? Will I risk messing up anything by doing that ? Because I'll have to open the two accounts (with the same email address) in my client application in order to copy all my items.

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• peacekeeper
    peacekeeper
    Community Member

You can do that, .com, .eu and .ca are completly seperate instances that run independent from each other.

• cedricc
    cedricc
    Community Member

Thanks !

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @cedricc! @peacekeeper is correct (thanks!) - you can indeed use the same email address on those two different instances, as they are completely separate from one another. Let us know if you have any further questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.