1P extremely sluggish

Options
BLD
BLD
Community Member

1P 7.2.5 on OS X is running very sluggishly. Anywhere from 10-60 seconds to respond to anything in the UI. I have a long-running network file copy which appears to be the cause — but no other software on my machine seems to be affected as 1P is. System resource consumption (CPU, disk, network) all seem to be quite low.

I have a diagnostic report ready to submit.

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BLD: Yeah, that's definitely not normal. Can you tell me more about this "long-running network file copy"? Does rebooting help at all?

• BLD
    BLD
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty I cannot reboot -- this process is syncing data from a local volume to a network volume, and I can't interrupt it. I want to send you the diagnostics I collected using your 1PasswordTroubleshooting app, but I need a case number to put in the email subject to associate with this thread.

• Ben
    Options

I'm sorry to hear about the slowness you're experiencing. To be honest I can't think of anything off hand that would help troubleshoot this that would be in a diagnostic report. What may be of help though would be a sample of the 1Password process while it is actively responding slowly. When one of these instances of slowness happens please open the Activity Monitor app. You can find it using Spotlight. Click on 1Password in the list. After selecting the application in the process list, click on the Sample Process button in the toolbar. Please note: 1Password must be behaving slowly when clicking this button in order for it to gather any helpful information. In Activity Monitor, once the sample is complete, click on the Save button in the top right-hand corner of the Sample window. Save the resulting file and attach it to an email to support+forum@1password.com. As you already generated a diagnostic report, it wouldn't hurt to include that as well.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/102119/1p-extremely-sluggish/p1
    • Your forum username: BLD

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your sample and diagnostics in our inbox. In addition you should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thanks!

Ben

• BLD
    BLD
    Community Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

@Ben Sent. ID is TPU-41162-996 -- and the subject line of the email is "1P extremely sluggish."

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @BLD. I was able to find the email. I'm investigating why you did not receive a reply from BitBot -- that appears to be our error. We'll be in touch via email as soon as we have more information to share.

Ben

ref: TPU-41162-996

• BLD
    BLD
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben To be clear, I did get the BitBot email -- it just took awhile. I edited my response above to show the ID.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for that update. We've been changing a few things with our email system lately so I've let the appropriate folks know about the situation.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.