Constant "Throttling respawn" messages in Console

Running MAS 1P 3.9.4 on Lion 10.7.3.

While looking into something else, I discovered I'm getting Console messages every minute and forty seconds.

Each set of messages says:

3/15/2012 12:21:17.222 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.502: (ws.agile.1PasswordAgent[94198]) posix_spawn("/Users/<me>/Library/Application Support/1Password/Agent/1PasswordAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/1PasswordAgent", ...): No such file or directory

3/15/2012 12:19:37.191 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.502: (ws.agile.1PasswordAgent[94188]) Exited with code: 1
3/15/2012 12:19:37.191 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.502: (ws.agile.1PasswordAgent) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

There is no such file OR directory any more. I had a non-MAS 1P which I subsequently re-purchased from the MAS; if I remember correctly, the non-MAS version lived in the above directory.

I've looked in System Preferences, and my user has no login items. Thus, I don't know where the original kickoff of this agent is.

Do you? :)

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Please copy and paste this command into Terminal (found in /Applications/Utilities) and then press Return:

launchctl unload -w ~/Library/LaunchAgents/ws.agile.1PasswordAgent.plist

It looks like the old 1Password background process was properly removed, but launchd is still trying to load it. That should take care of it. :)

Please let me know how it goes.
  • vr8ce
    vr8ce
    Community Member
    That seems to have done the trick, thanks!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Great! Thanks for letting me know. :D

Enjoy your weekend.
This discussion has been closed.