not autofilling for app on iOS

Options
djarsky
djarsky
Community Member
edited March 2019 in iOS

When wanting to autofill my credentials from 1Password into one of my apps on iOS, after the vault opens, the associated username/password isn't listed. I know if this were a website, I could add that web address in the vault for that record and 1Password would display it as a relevant result once the vault opens. How do I associate my username/password (currently in the vault) with an app so it's displayed immediately once the vault opens during an autofill sequence? I guess I need to put the name of the app into the vault somehow/somewhere.

Thanks for your help!
-David

1Password Version: 7.2.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 12.1.4
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @djarsky

Not all apps have an Associated Domain defined, which is what Password AutoFill uses to determine which logins go where. If the app does have one, saving a new login item from within that app should do the trick:

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

I hope that helps.

Ben

• djarsky
    djarsky
    Community Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

Thanks for your help. I'm not sure how to save the login from within the app. If I type the username/password, and hit 'Passwords' on the keyboard, 1Password opens but the "Create Login" button prompts for entirely new information without associating it to the app I was just in. I must be missing some step. FWIW, I know how to easily do this on the Mac (desktop) app, but I can't see how to save the password from within an app on iOS. Maybe it's disabled in this app? There's no 'key' icon. Just the word 'Passwords' above the keyboard.

• Ben
    Options

@djarsky

You're not missing anything, but the information does need to be entered into the "Create Login" screen even if you've already entered it into the app. At present we don't have a way to capture already entered information from Password AutoFill.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.