How do I sync 1password 7 between windows and mac?

Options

I have set up 1Password 7 on my Mac and also in Windows using Parallels. I have set up a local vault in my Mac version of 1Password. How do I get the Windows version to use the Mac vault? If this is not possible, how can I get the local Windows vault to sync with the Mac vault?

TIA

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sync 1password 7 between windows and mac

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @volcano2,

If you don't have 1Password account, you can sync your local vault via Dropbox or via local folder.

Let me know if it helps. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• volcano2
    volcano2
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Greg but I already read the local folder article. When I set up my Windows local vault it created its own opvault file. I don't want to use it. I want to use the Mac local vault which I previously set up. I cannot find the Mac vault and, if it is not possible for the Windows version to use the Mac vault file I would like to be able to sync the two. Can you give me some instructions on how to find the Mac vault and/or sync the two?

TIA

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@volcano2 - 1Password for Mac uses a SQLite database internally for vaults. So when you set up a local Primary vault, it exists only within the context of the 1Password for Mac instance; there is no separate sync file that can be used by other instances of 1Password. If you'd like to set it up so you can use the same local data that's in 1Password for Mac on your PC as well, you'll first need to sync the data from within 1Password 7 for Mac, to make it available elsewhere. You can do that via Dropbox, as Greg mentioned, or via local Folder sync (both of which he gave links for setting up). Once you've got a folder (Dropbox or local) containing an OPVault sync file, you can use that in Parallels on your PC as well.

• volcano2
    volcano2
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much Lars (and Greg too). The piece of the puzzle that I could not see is that the sync vault file IS the Windows file. I missed it because when I opened the local vault link it took me to the Windows page. When I realized there was a button to see the Mac instructions I realized there were instructions on how to choose the folder to sync with and when I opened the appropriate folder it automatically suggested I use the Windows vault file. Mission accomplished.

Thank you very much!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@volcano2 - glad you got it sorted out! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.