Proper filling for IBAN, BIC/SWIFT etc.

Options

1Password has form-filling capabilities for credit cards, but in the European Union, a great many online payments (probably more than by credit card) are made by providing bank account details: IBAN, account holder, and sometimes the bank's BIC (or SWIFT) code. Yet even if a bank account is stored in one's vault, filling it into a website form requires opening the Mini window, selecting the "Bank Accounts" category, clicking on the actual account, dragging up to three fields onto the website form manually, and even some reshuffling of the Mini window in case it obscures the actual fields to be filled. In some cases, it's actually faster to just type in the details by hand—not a good result for a password manager. ;-)

I don't imagine detecting IBAN, BIC, and account holder fields as being overly difficult. If it works with credit cards, it should work with bank accounts!

I'm not sure, but maybe this lack of functionality stems from the fact that credit cards are the predominant payment method in the US and Canada (and presumably a lot of other places). To be honest, I don't even know if Americans ever pay by providing bank account numbers or IBANs. But in the EU this is basically the default. So I would guess proper filling for bank accounts would make life a lot easier for a lot of people.

Any chance this might be implemented in the future?

In the meantime, it would also be helpful if—optionally—bank accounts could be displayed directly in the main Mini window view as well, like credit cards. At least that would get rid of one unneccessary step.

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sandy_suppleweed - thanks for the suggestions!

...maybe this lack of functionality stems from the fact that credit cards are the predominant payment method in the US and Canada (and presumably a lot of other places).

Correct.

Any chance this might be implemented in the future?

Yes. How quickly and specifically when it might happen are, as many other things around here, a matter of priorities and developer hours available. I'll forward your thoughts to the relevant development teams. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.