Auto-fill does not work with Citi Mobile app

mzel
mzel
Community Member

I have fingerprint authentication enabled in the Citi Mobile App, but every couple of months it still asks for the password. Somehow it does not work for me. For a second I see that 1P tries to populate the entries for the login and password, but after it finishes I have my login in the login field and 1 covered character in the password field.

1Password Version: 7.2 beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 8
Sync Type: 1P account

Comments

• Hey @mzel! It sounds like the Citi Mobile App may be doing some processing of the characters that interferes with the normal functioning of the Autofill framework. PayPal is another example of an app that has a similar issue. When I attempt to Autofill my password into the PayPal app, I can briefly see that the password is in fact filled before it is subsequently cleared.

Unfortunately, there is nothing that we can do about this portion of the Autofill process. The system Autofill framework actually takes care of inputting the text into the fields that we designate. Given that it would seem the Citi app (and PayPal as well) isn't playing well with Autofill, I would recommend reporting the issue to Citi. Hopefully with enough reports of the issue they will fix it.

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

I guess something similar happens with Citi. I see the dots in the password field, but when I hit the "Sign On" button it disappears.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sometimes tapping in the password field first before actually signing in helps. It seems like some apps are specifically waiting for user input. In the age of Autofill, I don't think that makes sense though.

This discussion has been closed.