How can I manually open an item as the screenshot attached?

Options
berkanteber
berkanteber
Community Member

The situation in the screenshot occurs when I open a metadata file that has no URL in it. If the metadata file contains a URL, it just opens the browser with the URL and fills it. I want to obtain the attached format for "any" item given that I know both Vault UUID and UUID since I can read those from the metadata file. The closest I can get is with "onepassword://extension/search/{uuid}" but I don't want to get the extension view but the separate window view (which is possible with a single button click on the extension view).

Also, I wonder why AgileBits is so reluctant to disclose URL schemes for 1Password for Mac. I know that URL schemes that can significantly ease the access to 1Password from other apps exist, but they are all hidden (except for exactly "one" on this support page).

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 7.2.5
OS Version: macOS 10.14.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@berkanteber: I'm not sure what you're asking here, but we don't generally use URL schemes. Mostly we do for diagnostics, and it is subject to change at any time, so I'm not sure it makes sense to "disclose" them. Can you tell me more about what you're trying to accomplish and why?

• berkanteber
    berkanteber
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: I am just trying to figure out the easiest way access a 1Password item.

Using 1Password Extension, I can get the following:

But then, I need 3 different keystrokes (right arrow, down arrow, enter/return) to copy the password. I don't find it very useful. So I've thought about using Alfred for that, but although I can automate these 3 keystrokes, they are still there and it takes 1.5-2 seconds and it is not visually appealing to see a bunch of things happening on screen although you know what's going on.

As a final move, I've thought that just opening a window like the original post would be sufficient for me and posted here.

In short, I have 1 problem: to access 1Password items easier. I can think of 3 solutions for that:
    1- A way to copy passwords directly from another app – This may not be possible due to security reasons, I'm not sure.
    2- Improve 1Password extension so that the number of steps to reach the password is reduced – I'm OK with that.
    3- Just a way to open a window like my original post (which is obtained naturally in some cases) – I'm also OK with that.

I've directly asked for the third solution, but any one of them will be a significant improvement to me.

My critics about URL scheme was because of the following reasons:
    1- There is only one in support pages now.
    2- There was only just another one in 1-2 weeks ago.
    3- I've assumed there is more because I know that 1Password has always been a leader in integration with other apps, especially on iOS.

I'm sorry if I was wrong about more URL schemes existing privately.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@berkanteber - if you use the keyboard shortcut shift + cmd + c, that should accomplish what I think you're asking for (copying the password). You can find a full list of our keyboard shortcuts here. Hope that's helpful. :)

• berkanteber
    berkanteber
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: Thanks, it's much easier that way. I've also learned that the separate window view can be accomplished by cmd + o.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@berkanteber - glad to hear you found those useful! :)

This discussion has been closed.