How can I make 1Password show up in notification area again?

1Password is no longer showing up in the notification area (where you usually see network status, volume icon etc.).
I have a fresh installation of Windows 10 (1809) and the icon were there for like 30min after install but disappeared.
1Password version is 7.3.657.

I have extension for Chrome (4.7.3.90) and Edge (7.2.583) installed.

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 1809
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:notification area

Comments

• chris_lemos
    chris_lemos
    Community Member

Hello, @simonfalun

See if Windows 10 hasn't disabled the 1Password icon. To do this, right-click anywhere on your taskbar, then go to "Taskbar settings" > "Select which icons appear on the taskbar".

• simonfalun
    simonfalun
    Community Member

Thank you @chris_lemos for taking your time on my issue!

The first thing i did after install was to enable that the icon always should be visible.
    But I discovered now that the icon itself has disappeared from that view, I'll try to attach an image to show what it looks like (No, I don't have any blank icons in the notification area).

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @simonfalun,

Have you tried to completely reinstall 1Password 7? I know it sounds obvious, but sometimes it works. :)

Also, please let me know if you see any 1Password 7 crashes or use any kind of AV/anti-malware software on this computer. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

• simonfalun
    simonfalun
    Community Member

Well this is a little embarrassing, the reinstall worked - this should have been the first thing I tried!
    Thank you @Greg

I uninstalled 1Password, removed everything associated in the registry, rebooted and installed again.

I noticed now that when i hover over the icon in the notification area it says "1Password chrome" - perhaps I only would have needed to reinstall the Chrome plugin?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Yeah I've seen some weird stuff with Windows not showing notification icons for some things and showing more than one for others. Anyway, glad that reinstalling gave it the kick it needed. Thanks for letting us know! :)

With regard to the tooltip, that will show the connected browser(s), so it's not related to Windows showing the icon. Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.