I have 3 Vaults in 1Password 7 on my MacBook Air. How do I consolidate them into one?

tallsweet
tallsweet
Community Member

I currently have a Primary iCloud Vault containing 342 passwords, a Private Vault containing 427, but not including some in the Primary, and a Vault labeled Shared with 425. How do I consolidate/merge all the vaults so I eliminate duplicates, don't lose any passwords but have only on vault to share with a Mac Desktop, a second MacBook, two iPhones and an iPad. Is the iCloud the best way tops sync them all?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.2.5
OS Version: 10.14.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I have 3 Vaults in 1Password 7 on my MacBook Air. How do I consolidate them into one?

Comments

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @tallsweet! I moved your thread to the Mac section because you'll be able to get the best help and advice here. :smile:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tallsweet: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! A Primary (local) vault is completely separate from a 1Password membership account, which uses a Personal/Private vault. It isn't necessary to use iCloud or configure sync at all with a 1Password membership, but you will need to put the data in your account's Private vault if you want to be able to access it by signing into your account on all your devices.

If you're you move or copy the same items to the same vault more than ones, you will end up with duplicates; there's no way around that. But there's an option in 1Password for Mac (under Help > Tools) to clean some of that up -- but only if they have identical data: we don't want 1Password deleting items that are different, and losing something important to you.

What vault is all of the data you want in currently?

This discussion has been closed.