To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

With 1password6 how do I add the program and license number to a new MacBook?

bosprs
bosprs
Community Member

With 1password6 how do I add the program and license number to a new MacBook?

1Password Version: 6.xx
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:With 1password6 how to I add the program and license number to a new MacBook?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bosprs: If you have the license saved in your vault, 1Password will register itself on the other computer when you sync the data and it reads it. Otherwise you just need to install 1Password and copy the license file over to your other Mac and double-click it to register the app. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• bosprs
    bosprs
    Community Member

The response seems circular. 1Password6 is on my iMac and is licensed. I recently purchased a MacBook Pro laptop and would like to have this program on the laptop. However, when I go to the agile bits website to download the application for Mac, it wants to download 1Password7. On my new laptop how can I get to the vault if I don't have 1Password6 on the laptop to follow your suggestion?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@bosprs - please scroll down to the bottom of our downloads page and, under the "using an older computer" section, you'll find the link for 1Password 6 for Mac.

• bosprs
    bosprs
    Community Member

Perfect! Thank you for the help and I will take to heart the message on the download site about the older versions of the program

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.