Password Editing Tab Opens TOO SLOW

Hi, I have a feedback for 1Password X on Chrome. I use the latest version of Windows, Chrome and 1Password X.

It always takes a VERY long time (up to 10 secs) when I click the "edit" button of the extension before the tab(https://my.1password.com/vaults/******) is finally opened. The extension of LastPass chooses to open a tab which starts with "chrome-extension://" to do the same thing and sync background. This needs no loading and is a very comfortable way! Why don't 1Password X do the same?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.14.2
OS Version: Windows 10 1809
Sync Type: 1Password X

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @eric_the_red

Could you please elaborate on which part of the operation feels slow? When I tried this on my computer there was maybe about 300-500ms after tapping the edit button before Chrome opened the new tab. Then it took about 1.5 - 2s for the page to load, for a total time from clicking the edit button to being able to edit being about 2.5 - 3s. Even that, admittedly, can feel a bit slow, but it is nowhere near the 10 seconds you report having to wait. I'd like to see if there is something that we may be able to change about your setup right now that would get that closer to the results I'm seeing instead of the results you are seeing. And certainly going forward we can look to improve this further.

Ben

• Hi, thanks for your reply. @Ben

10 secs is one of my longest waiting time, and my average time is about 7 secs. There is about 3s after tapping the edit button before Chrome opened the new tab, and it took about 4s for the page to fully load. I think the biggest problem is the 3s part because when 7s increases to 10s only the opening tab part takes more time while the loading time keeps the same.

Eric

• ag_sebastianag_sebastian

Team Member

Hi @eric_the_red. :)

That behavior doesn't sound right, so I'd like to ask you a few questions before I investigate:

• Do you have a lot of extensions enabled in Chrome?
    • How many tabs do you have open?
    • What happens if you try 1Password in a fresh Chrome profile?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file