How to move "notes" on iPhone4S to 1PW and/or Dropbox

tuni12
tuni12
Community Member
I placed some items in Notes on my iPhone 4S, I'm not comfortable with the security issue. Would like to move Notes (the application) or even the data I've entered there, into a protected area such as 1PW for my iPhone or Dropbox.

There must be a way to do this....am feeling really dumb since I'm sure there is a way to get this data into my 1PW (installed on the phone) and from there into Dropbox (also installed on the phone) , isn't there?

and then I would like to backup that data - realize this is more than 1 question....so anyone who has a simple answer or even a complicated one is welcome to take a stab at this....

many thanks,

tuni

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hi tuni,

You can copy and paste the information from the Notes app into 1Password as a "Secure Note" item. If you set up Dropbox syncing for 1Password, you can access your data from any modern web browser using the 1PasswordAnywhere feature (in addition to the data being available in 1Password on your iPhone and Mac/PC).

Let me know if you need any help setting up Dropbox syncing or copying and pasting the Notes into Secure Notes in 1Password.

Are you using 1Password for Mac or 1Password for Windows?
  • tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Amusing 1PW for Mac, also ahve Dropbox on the iMac, have also installed both on iPhone- thanks to you finally figured out how to "copy"/"paste from Notes to 1PW on phone, so can remove vulnerable data on iPhone "notes" icon. Will check Dropbox syncing to see if just copied/pasted data is there - would that be on my iMac Dropbox or iPhone Dropbox or both/neither?????? (you can tell I'm still a bit confused)....many thanks....I think I'm almost there ;)
  • tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    now see on iMac Dropbox "content.js" with today's date....is that what I just copied/pasted from my iPhone???? is this also onmy iPhone Dropbox?????
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    You will never need to look in the Dropbox app for 1Password data.

1Password data is always in 1Password.

On your Mac, open 1Password for Mac to see it.

On your iPhone, open the 1Password app to see it.

If the data isn't syncing, please be sure you have followed all the steps in the Dropbox sync guide and let me know which step you are stuck on if you are having trouble:

http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/cloud_syncing_with_dropbox.html

I'm more than happy to help you get it working smoothly. :)
  • tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    ok, Kaled - finally getting a glimmer of understanding here. 1PW on my iMac DOES have the data from Notes that I placed into 1PW on my iPhone (whoppee!) and, 1PW on my iPhone DOES have the data from Notes also, once I figured out where I had hidden it <LOL> So I would assume that everything is working & syncing as it should.

next question would have to be, if a disaster should strike, where would I restore from? would I restore from 1PW on my iMac (Lion) the backup/restore option? or from 1PW on my iPhone (where/how from that?) or from Dropbox on iPhone or from Dropbox on my iMac or neither/either/???
    thx for your patience.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    So I would assume that everything is working & syncing as it should.

It surely sounds like it! That is great news. :)

You can always roll back to a previous version from within 1Password for Mac (File > Restore…), but even if you lost all of your Macs and iOS devices, you could restore the data on a new Mac or iOS device simply by setting up Dropbox syncing. Your data is stored securely on Dropbox.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with, and enjoy your weekend!
This discussion has been closed.