How do I get rid of the double entries in 1password

It appears that when I upgraded to 1pw 7, 1pw 4 wasn't replaced. It is still there. So I have two entries in 1PW for every login. What do I do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• chugheslcpc
    chugheslcpc
    Community Member

I am using windows 10 Pro Version 1709.

• If you press Ctrl + D in 1Password 7 to display your vault list, @chugheslcpc, do you see more than one vault listed? It sounds like you may have chosen to migrate to a 1Password membership and migrated your data to your new Personal vault without removing your original vault on your PC/Dropbox. If that's the case, you'd see duplicates in the All Vaults view, but not when you select a single vault. If I'm right, let me know if you've made any changes to your data since upgrading. If not, we can remove the spare vault to get rid of those dupes and I'd be happy to help you do so. :chuffed:

• chugheslcpc
    chugheslcpc
    Community Member

If I understand your instructions, when I look at the ALL VAULTS view, I see one called Personal and one called 1Password. When I select Personal (i.e. it says Search Personal in the Seach box), I see duplicates logins. When I select 1password (i.e. it says Search 1password in the search box) , I only see one of each item. I may have made a couple of changes since upgrading.

• chugheslcpc
    chugheslcpc
    Community Member

At this point, I would rather have this duplicate issue resolved, even if it means that I lose a couple of passwords that were updated since this all started.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@chugheslcpc: A Personal/Private vault is part of a 1Password membership account. Data there will be available on any devices signed into that same account. A local 1Password/Primary vault ("On this PC") is only stored on the device, completely separate from a membership account. It would be best to make sure you have everything you need in your account's Personal vault and then remove the local vault.

• chugheslcpc
    chugheslcpc
    Community Member

How do I remove the local vault?

• bundtkate
    edited March 2019

@chugheslcpc:

1. Press Ctrl + D, then hover over "1Password".
    2. Click ... then select "Remove vault".
    3. Confirm as needed and you should be set.

You had mentioned there were duplicates in Personal, though, which is odd. You'd have had to have imported your data twice for that to happen. I believe you may still see some dupes after removing 1Password. If that's the case and you're truly not worried about losing some possible updates, I'd suggest giving this a go after removing the extra vault:

1. Press Ctrl + D and make sure All Vaults is selected.
    2. While holding Ctrl, quickly scroll through your item list selecting every other duplicate.
    3. Press Ctrl + Del to send those to the trash.

If you'd like, you can refrain from emptying the trash for a time. This way, if you find something is missing or outdated. you can restore the missing or updated item from the trash and delete the one you saved instead on an as-needed basis. :+1:

• chugheslcpc
    chugheslcpc
    Community Member

I followed bundtkate's instructions deleted the extra vault then went thru and deleted all the dups (I have a lot of passwords, many not used for years). I have been able to sign into several sites with 1PW. I will keep testing over the next couple days and let you know if I have further issues. Thanks for your help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good. We're here if you need us. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.